Thursday, November 1, 2007

With Inspiration From a Boy I Know

I am a girl who
does not adore the color pink,
nor do heels particularly excite me.
I know a boy who likes 'chick flicks'
quite nearly as much as I enjoy
my
bloody,
gorey,
slasher movies
with nine foot tall men chasing
five foot tall beauty queens;
and since when are woman
incapable of being a
serial killer anyway?
And since when are boys
looked down on for wanting to feel?
Because where I was raised
it didn't matter what you were
as long as you are
something worth being.

5 comments:

PrincessKitten said...

Hey lovely. I loves. Reminds me of my boy and I personally.

Zeus. said...

"Because where I was raised it didn't matter what you were as long as you are something worth being."

Oh, lady. That was beautifully said.

sunnyskys987 said...

i like this whole thing. the idea of you liking gorey movies and of a guy liking chick flicks. but my favorite line had to be the last one; i think it summed up the whole idea of the poem wonderfully. good job. :)

Blessedbyfalling said...

typical blow me out of the water piece of work by you that is totally anything but well typical. youre the best.

Vagabond said...

I love the last line. And I think the poem as a whole is great. I'm one of those non girly girls too, and I think most of my guy friends are more girlish than I am haha.